About the job
Job Overview: Based in Doha, Qatar and is a Direct position
This position will be responsible for Leading the HSE Engineering team involved in design and analysis of an assigned scope of work in a project, including specific complex HSE Engineering deliverables related to the Oil and Gas and Energy Industry.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- HSE Eng. Philosophies and Execution/Management Plans;
- HSE Eng. design studies (HAZID/ENVID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA);
- HSE Eng. Hazard and Risk Assessment;
- HSE Eng. design specifications;
- HSE Eng. screening /review meetings and communication with other disciplines to verify and ensure that HSE Eng. requirements are well understood and properly taken care of by all concerned;
- Coordinate and supervise the HSE Engineering team in projects, including Technical Safety, Human Factors Engineering, Noise Control, and Environmental Engineering;
- Perform and/or supervise the detailed design of fire and explosion protection systems, F&G detection; hazardous area classification;
- Coordinate interface with JV partners and HSE Eng. Consultants;
- Support Safety & Environmental -related aspects, such as permit application and regulatory compliance;
- Mentor junior HSE Engineers and assist with training other engineers by providing instruction on new technologies and/or a specialization;.
- Responsible as Lead HSE Engineer for cost, schedule, and budget control.
- Candidate must have approximately 10 years of relevant working experience in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry as HSE Engineer, desirable including Lead roles.
- A degree in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent).