This is an international airport project. It features two runways, maintenance hangars, a VIP terminal, a cargo terminal, and a passenger terminal with food and beverage, retail and other support facilities.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior health and safety manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Guiding and directing the development and implementation of H&S policies, strategies, programs and standards.
- Keeping staff fully informed of the H&S program and applicable legislative and assurance requirements.
- Ensuring adequate procedures are implemented to evaluate the adequacy of H&S compliance and performance across the programme.
- Managing directly the contractor and consultants in all aspects of HSE.
- Identifying and controlling significant loss producing exposures, providing summary strategic reports and recommendations to the leadership team.
- Playing a visible role in H&S leadership and direction to the project.
- Providing guidance and recommendation to all business units.
- Liaising and interacting with the client and key stakeholders.
- Keeping fully informed of all existing and proposed changes in applicable regulations and legislation.
With a relevant degree qualification and professional occupational safety accreditation with NEBOSH, you will take personal development seriously.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You must have experience with airport projects and have knowledge of industry QSHE standards and specifications. You will be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.