This position reports directly to the Reservoir Development and Exploration Team Leader.
Senior Reservoir Geophysicist working on the Al Shaheen 3D/4D seismic within an asset team.
This person will be the Reservoir Geophysicist Referent for the Asset.
- Provide structural maps (including faults & fractures) through well-to-seismic tie, seismic interpretation, depth conversion and calibration to well data
- Quantify uncertainties related to above
- Provide attribute maps from 3D/4D, Inversion, Streamer & OBN seismic data to support drilling operations, and development planning (faults, fractures, reservoir characterization, fluid fill, etc)
- Provide safe drilling targets by screening of geohazards on seismic and providing input to the Pore Pressure Prediction
- Relate structural elements and 4D seismic attributes to well production behavior
- Provide geophysical support throughout the well planning process (WSOR)
- Monitor drilling operations and provide geophysical support as needed
- Assess appraisal opportunities including risks
- Prepare and make technical presentations to NOC management & Shareholders
- More than 8-10 years of experience required
- Previous experience in carbonate reservoirs is required
- Previous experience in exploration or appraisal is required
- International experience is recommended
- Must hold an MSc in Petroleum / Geophysics Engineering
- Deep knowledge of seismic interpretation.
- Must have worked on target selection with a deep understanding of the static models and good knowledge of the dynamic model.
- Good knowledge of geology
- Good knowledge of dynamic parameters.
- Good knowledge of signal processing.
- Good knowledge in physics/rock physics.
- 4D interpretation is recommended
- Must be fluent in English
- Very good communication skills
- Team player
- Delivery orientated
- Source of innovation
- Previous working experience in geophysics R&D or reservoir construction models would be a bonus.