- Asset Development & Modeling
- Lead the geological studies used as input for reservoir evaluation and field development.
- Contribute to the building of any new reservoir model required by the asset either within company or by external sources.
- Update of models when required in order to capture and integrate all recent static or dynamic data acquired.
- Provide the assessment of volumes in place and related uncertainties.
- Lead and manage geological studies requested for reservoir evaluations.
- Assess reservoir uncertainty & propose appraisal activities based on reservoir uncertainties
- Take a leading role in appraisal well planning
- Incorporate structural understanding by the integration of seismic data and its derivatives, open hole logs including images, losses, variance and conformance issue information
- Integrate the 4D seismic data (if/as available in the area of interest).
- Support phase 1 and 2 development phase maturation.
- Support the preparation of phase 3 development activities.
- Contribute to the good targets of the asset
- Support the asset geological contributions to the Opportunity Identification, Maturation and Execution Process (new wells, redrill, water shut off, acid stimulation) and operate effectively within the opportunity maturation process
- Actively participate in the well delivery process by providing validated and reliable data to the well operations team.
- Actively following and contribute when needed to the execution and close-out phase of the well delivery process.
- Contribute to the development of internal communications within the Geology community
- Have a transversal role between assets/discipline
- Contribute to the updating of methodologies and tools
- Coach and mentor junior staff and support asset Qatarization efforts if/where applicable
- Must integrate cost & economic dimensions in any decision.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Must hold a BSc or higher in Geology
More than 10 years of experience required; Strong preference to include with Operating Oil Company
Previous experience on carbonate reservoirs is required
International experience is preferred
Experience of appraisal and development drilling essential
Must have worked on target selection with deep understanding on reservoir modeling.
Proven and significant exposure to carbonate reservoirs
Fluent with Petrel: Ability and enthusiasm to acquire new software skills
Significant exposure to reservoir modeling in carbonates
Professional or HSE certifications