About the job
Responsible for the monitoring and analysis of the organizations overall operational, market, credit, liquidity and insurance risk, from a day-to-day and long-term basis and recommends actions to reduce risk.
Under the direction of the Gulf Head of Risk and Compliance, the candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with the business to balance the desire for sustainable growth with the need to maximize risk adjusted returns within the risk appetite of MetLife.
- Act as the approved risk control function for the Qatar operations and ensure effective implementation of local risk management requirements including but not limited to the QCB Executive Regulations
- Ensure adherence with risk management regulatory requirements
- Support the development and enhancement of the Risk Management Framework.
- Facilitate and complete risk and control self-assessment process and monitor ongoing action plans.
- Implement risk management policies.
- Design and deliver ongoing training programs to enhance awareness of risk across local business operations.
- Coordinate and run risk governance meetings.
- Manage the emerging risks process.
- Manage internal risk incidents reporting process and oversee remediation activity.
- Support and help deliver the various business change initiatives underway.
- Support regional and global risk initiatives.
Communications & Working Relationships:
- Work collaboratively with key functions and maintain positive relationships including Risk Management, Compliance, Legal, Audit, Operations, Finance, Branch Manager and Sales.
- Escalate identified risks and issues on a timely basis to the relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare risk reports for local governance forums and Home Office as and when required.
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills:
- Risk management or control function experience in insurance industry or financial services highly desirable (minimum 3 years);
- Professional qualification in risk management, actuarial or finance (FRM, PRM, CERA, CFA, ACCA, ACA or CPA)
- Experience and understanding of risk management processes.
- A good understanding of the “Three Lines of Defence” approach to risk management.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Arabic speaker preferred.
- Experience in documentation creation/business writing would be beneficial.
- Confident and enthusiastic self-starter, able to challenge and influence others at all levels.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Flexible and practical.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Governance, Risk, and Control mindset
- Strong attention to detail