The General Business Sales Executive is responsible for focusing on complex sales engagements which are mainly partner-driven in the GB-segment. The GBSE may be specialized on industry or solutions based on the MU-market; he/she is working in conjunction with (i)PBMs and ISEs. The GBSE covers opportunities in partner- / SAP-accounts above a specific revenue threshold defined in the GTM-setup of the MU/Region. The objective is to coach the partner-sales teams on building a productive pipeline as well as maximizing the revenue via active engagements on selected opportunities.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Solution/ Industry specialized Business Development
- Aligns with PBMs on Partner Business Planning for the territory covered; identifies opportunities for further growth in the territory and becomes active, in collaboration with other GPO sales areas (PBMs, Inside Sales, etc.).
- Responsible for creation, monitoring and review of business development activities around the solution- or industry- specialization area. Defines innovative approaches to generate business and executes either directly or via the partner-sales teams. Drives core strategies and actions to ensure KPI achievement.
- Coaches partner sales reps to interact with prospects in large or complex SW deals in his area of solution / industry expertise in order to position the value of the respective SW or industry solution as supported by ROI, business case development, references, and supporting analyst data. Ensures high conversion rate from pipeline to deal closure, Shortening of the sales process and improvement of win rate in order to achieve real volume business. Be an expert on the competition with their assigned industry and/or geography. Understand competitive threats (e.g., how to beat the competition).
- Drives deal closure by inserting him-/herself in big and complex opportunities of partners assigned. Balances his direct / indirect activities in order to maximize the revenue in the territory assigned.
- Enables partners to independently drive business with the following resources:
- partner demand generation plan to build a business pipeline
- partner competency plan to ensure partner resources are trained on the latest solution and sales content,
- partner resource utilization plan so partners have full access to and are utilizing SAP tools and methodologies
- presales coaching plan for existing and new partners
- Generally will be focused on volume segment and ensure alignment with Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Business Managers, Inside Partner Business Managers) and Inside Sales based on key channel economics. Where available will act in strong interrelationship / be co-located with similarly specialized sales roles (e g specialized AEs in Enterprise segment in regional centers of Expertise)
- Monitoring the effective and appropriate use of SAP assets (i.e., Presales) by partners.
- Reporting on sales progress throughout the year; identification of deviations from plans agreed and actively engaging in measures to deliver goals agreed to.
- Minimum 7 years experience in sales & indirect sales
- Profound knowledge in one or in several solution areas such as e.g. LoB, Mobility, In-Memory,
- ByDesign, BA&T, B One, BAiO, Cloud or in a certain industry
- Knowing or having successful experience in multi channel go to market models
- Understanding the principles of solution & cloud selling through Partners
- Knowledge and understanding of Indirect channel dynamics
- Knowledge of ERP market
- Local market knowledge and understanding
- Business level English: yes
- Business level local language: yes
Education And Qualification / Skills And Competencies
- Bachelor equivalent: yes
- Master equivalent: yes