Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an agile and entrepreneurial leader with strong people leadership and technical capability who has a problem-solving and analytical aptitude, excellent communication and presentation skills, is familiar with statistics, has a business acumen, independent, positive can-do attitude, and passion for excellence to the workplace.
Your role and our tech stack
Reporting to the founder, you will be expected to develop, deploy and oversee the execution of the tech strategy, product road-map and operations to ensure alignment with our businesses goals as we grow and scale. You will play a key part in the organisation’s success, taking the current MVP and developing it further to move the company through to early stage funding and into profit.
Quesst’s is built using React.js [Frontend], Node.js [Backend], PostgreSQL [DB], Amazon EC2 [Application Hosting], Amazon S3 [Media Storage Service], and Amazon SES [Email Sending Service]. You will be responsible for implementing full-stack features and collaborate with other team members to plan each sprint. You’ll be working across the entire system architecture and be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining restful APIs, micro-services and databases.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop, improve and optimize the structure, quality, and extensibility of current software technologies, codebases and databases
- Prototype ideas to quickly access viability and iterate based on feedback from the team
- Build robust, web-based applications interacting with databases, file-systems and APIs
- Write custom code or integrate open source technologies as needed to find solutions to problems
- Design and build effective APIs; Create servers and databases for functionality
- Design client-side and server-side architecture; Design the data model ensuring scalability
- Accurately translate screen designs into functional front-end code; Develop features and with a mobile responsive design
- Write high-quality, extensible, testable and reusable code and libraries; Conduct code reviews and establishment of best practices
- Participate in planning activities; Estimate accurate stores for new features and design product features
- Help define processes and build tools as needed to scale the solution and the team
- Create and lead the product road-map; Proactively breakdown work, manage development sprints, identify risks and explore solutions
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency; Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software; Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving
- Steer the business on timescales, prioritization and costs on competing development requirements
- Drive rigorous, and weekly product releases and lead required integration efforts with partners and/or third-party software services
- Guide the development in design, architecture and platform choices with strong focus on quality, speed, stability and scalability
- Identify and establish best practices and frameworks keeping in mind parameters of performance, responsiveness, security, maintainability, extensibility, and reuse; Work collaboratively in a lean and agile environment; Write technical documentation
- Recommend and implement new technologies, improvement of existing tech and set-up and future-proofing our technology that can help the company optimize efficiency and productivity and lead edge thinking and knowledge of innovative technologies i.e. AI, ML, blockchain, etc..
- Minimum of BSc in Computer Science/IT/Electronics/Software Engineering or a comparable degree program
- Proven experience of 2-5 years of full-stack development of web applications; 2+ years building front-end interfaces with React.js & Redux workflows and 2+ years building back-end and maintaining server applications on Node.js, PostgreSQL and designing APIs
- Experience with Linux environments and using the shell and command line terminals (preferred)
- Professional coding experience in object-oriented and scripting languages; Extensive experience building client-side web applications using React