About the job
We are looking for FSI (Banking, Insurance & Capital Markets) Service Line Architects with deep industry expertise to identify, lead, and manage a set of complex industry focused solution opportunities. This will require forming anchoring relationships through customer engagement with both internal and external partners. This role will support the Microsoft sales team pursuits, scoping proposals, and ensuring delivery on groundbreaking engagements. The mission is to work with Microsoft’s largest Enterprise clients to help them accelerate towards their business goals, take advantage of Digital Business Transformation, improve the business value from their Microsoft technology investments, and unleash innovation for their organization, their employees, and customers. This role is critical to both sales and delivery. In sales driving the discovery, ideation, and solution architecture with laser focus on customer business outcomes from deploying the Microsoft platforms and solutions. In delivery, maintaining the business decision maker relationship and ensuring the expected business outcomes are achieved.
Understanding Customer/Partner Technical Environment
- Gathers customer/partner insights from a broad range of stakeholders as well as the main business sponsor to shape and form both the definition and ongoing execution of projects. Anticipates industry trends (customer industry verticals, information technology [IT] industry). Leverages insights to influence long-term technology strategy and influences others to focus and adapt business models, plans, and solutions to key insights.
- Works with customer/partner stakeholders (e.g., Enterprise Architects, Security Team, Development Team, Operations Team) and business sponsor to socialize both the business solution and the project approach to determine if changes are needed to the business solution. Where the cost of change is accepted by the customer, shares this feedback with the project team and the broader account team to make the necessary adjustments using mechanisms such as updating the solution approach and projected costs in presales and change requests in delivery. Uses broad patterns of feedback to develop strategic and actionable insights and presents a compelling business case to program managers that influences product roadmaps and decision making. Contributes to Microsoft-centric operations and cadences to align with customer feedback.
- Uses evidence-based approach to represent the customer/partner as a customer advocate and share insights with Product Engineering teams and the business with a view to improving Microsoft technologies, products, services, and offerings such that they can better meet customer/partner needs across territories. Mentors peers on best practices around internal resources usage.
Architecture Design and Deployment
- Leverages a structured approach to architecture projects using existing methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, Iterative) that make use of existing reference architecture and established architectural styles and design patterns. Proposes and develops new solutions to scale across multiple customers/partners. Builds and maintains an architecture description document, an architecture decisions log, and a requirements/constraints traceability matrix to ensure the rationale for the business solution’s Architecture is known and understood.
- Defines and documents the architecture through an architecture description document, an architecture decisions log, and a requirements/constraints traceability matrix to communicate the value proposition of the business solution along with the project approach. Leads complex cost-based and technology-based discussions to explain the architecture in terms of its build, deployment, and ongoing operational use to determine customer appetite for the business solution. Uses a business-value approach that values return on investment (ROI) and customer costs-savings over technical ease of execution.
- Collaborates with the Project Manager to jointly drive project/technical governance of the design, build, and deployment into use of proof of concepts (POCs) and pilots, using enterprise architecture processes and ensuring quality control through peer review. Provides end-to-end governance, oversight, and thought leadership within assigned account. Works with customers to understand and demonstrate business value (e.g., release of revenue, cost savings) that the business solution realize.
- Works with the business sponsor and customer/partner stakeholders (e.g., Business users, Enterprise Architects, Security Team, Operations Team) to gather, ratify, and help enhance requirements and constraints across multiple, large projects. Manages and resolves highly complex ambiguity in the requirements and constraints and documents assumptions and implications where it cannot be resolved. Maintains the requirements/constraints traceability matrix to prove that solution components have a rationale/justification for inclusion in the architecture of the business solution. Drives development and execution of test plans to prove that each requirement/constraint has been implemented as expected by the customer. Where there are defects, works in close collaboration with the Project Manager and customer to redress or accept and document the status of the test results.
- Deep Financial Services industry (Banking, Insurance and Capital Markets) expertise and business insight
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Social Science, or Business AND 10+ years experience in business systems architecture, consulting, and/or technology solutions within the FSI (Banking, Insurance & Capital Markets) industry.
- Define / lead repeatable ideation steps with customers to explore art of the possible through industry specific, cross industry business solutions/patterns and technology components, and demonstrating techniques such as Design Thinking and Inclusive Design
- Lead customer ideation workshops with Business and Technical Decision Maker (BDM and TDM) audiences to build, accelerate adoption of the Microsoft Platform and Services pipeline
- Build unique and differentiated agile proposals focused on customer impact
- Quick study on competitive threats and building approaches that win
- Extensive experience within related advisory services, management/technology consulting
- Experience in identifying and successfully executing on digital disruptions including quantified business outcomes
- Consistent track record of delivering business value from IT at an executive level, bringing the benefits of technology to solve business issues while also leading costs, risk, and resources
- Ability to understand the needs of nontechnical customers, to conceptualize, launch and deliver technology enabled business change projects
- Leadership qualities and ability to coordinate physical and virtual resources and initiatives