Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
About the role
In this interesting role, you will be the second command of Executive Chef, has full control over the kitchen, planning & monitoring food production, tasks & process, managing chefs on duty, training & scheduling the workload. The role will ensure the quality, suitability, flavor, appearance and safety standards of all food items leaving the production area to be served to premium passengers.
To achieve success in this role you will need to:
- Assist and coordinate with the Executive Chef to ensure the consistent smooth running of food preparation and delivery.
- Analyze and check every working place of cooks and Chefs, including storing areas, fridges and dust bins for any irregular food wastage in all production department.
- Monitors and analyze production food standards in terms of quality and as per the client-approved specification and approved recipes.
- Effectively delegates and assures all orders given by the Executive Chef have been implemented within the date and time frame instructed.
- Monitors, participates and coordinates preparation of food in the production area and estimates requirements according to the new menus (food products, equipment, and manpower requirement).
- Coordinates with Menu Development Chef and plans all scheduled menu presentations and functions including unexpected events.
- To monitor and check the cycle changes along with Sous Chefs. Conducts briefings for upcoming changes and necessary actions.
- Conducts internal meal tasting with the department chef on weekly basics to evaluate the food standard.
- Assisting the Executive Chef in the budgeting of the kitchen in terms of equipment and staff.
- Analyze the quality of product and service, customer satisfaction, merchandising, menu development.
- Coordinate with maintenance about Kitchen equipment’s issues and set schedules to resolve it.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
You should have at least a bachelor’s degree qualification and 7 years of job-related experience in a similar role. It is highly beneficial to have culinary school or certified culinary professional courses/program/diploma/degree, professional cooking certification and good working knowledge about menu cycles, uplifts, sectors and equipment’s.
For you to be successful in this role you will need to be a certified Chef. In addition, you will have the following job-specific skills:
- Good knowledge of Food Hygiene and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
- Aware of new trends and directions in the fine dining servicing industry
- Computer Literate
- Planning and Supervisory Skills
- Flexible working hours as the role include shift work
- Deep understanding and Knowledge of food safety and airside safety.