As a global firm, GHD continues to expand our market presence across the Middle East. Our Qatar Environmental Team has a stable and growing workload, and we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Environmental Consultant who has experience in undertaking environmental assessments, obtaining regulatory approvals, and providing innovative environmental management solutions for government and private sector clients, specifically for the oil and gas operators in Qatar.
This existing role will see you involved in
- Leading the delivery of projects in environmental impact assessment, planning and management to a high standard, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Planning and executing environmental field works including marine ecological survey, soil, groundwater, air and noise sampling, data management and technical reporting
- Developing business opportunities through establishing client relationships and winning repeat work
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Approximately 8 – 10 years experience in a consulting environment with demonstrated Middle East experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification e.g. Marine Biology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management or similar.
- Good knowledge of Qatar’s environmental regulations, including permitting requirements and experience in obtaining permits from the Ministry of Municipality and Environment (MME) and relevant agencies in Qatar.
- Demonstrated track record in the planning, coordination, and management of environmental projects.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and project management skills.
- Must be comfortable working in the field at remote locations, or on active construction site.
- Experience with presenting technical information to clients, stakeholders and/or regulators.
- Proven business development, networking and client relationship management skills.
- The ability to mentor, grow and develop junior team members to continue the successful growth of the team.