The Senior Electrical Engineer will lead AECOM’s construction supervision projects from an Electrical perspective and act as the client’s main point of contact advising on all Electrical matters.
- Leads the delivery (time, cost, quality) of the assigned package.
- Reviewing and evaluating necessary design reports and documentation
- Review designs development for conformance with applicable codes
- Supervise and manage the contractors to ensure the works are constructed as per specification and to established milestone dates.
- Manage and direct the supervision team to undertake day to day inspections of the works.
- Maintain a very high level of safety awareness and ensure the contractor complies with his obligations.
- Together with the Contracts Manager administer the FIDIC based contract.
- Remove bottlenecks to deliver on behalf of the contractor.
- Resolves site issues on site.
- Presents progress and package issues to the client team.
- Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the Client and key subcontractors.
- Responsible for following up on instructions & commitments associated with the project
- Establishes Project Execution Plan, Health & Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan and other documents
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project and monitors site staff performance
- Plans direct, supervises and controls the execution of all technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the project and the site team
- Assigns responsibility to key subordinates in their respective fields of expertise
- Provides input to performance reviews and develop plans for subordinates
- Work with other managers, project engineers and discipline Heads to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of the project
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activities within the program, including significant milestones and any conditions, which would affect project cost, schedule, performance or Client relation
- Establishes internal weekly meetings to review project status and formulate action items
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Represent the company in all Client meetings.
- Under general supervision, performs routine duties.
- Displays knowledge and abilities to evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to meet basic engineering and construction specifications.
- Displays applications of sound professional judgment on details of work.
- Independently performs walk-downs and inspections of installed commodities to assure conformance with specifications and design.
- Performs quantity surveys for tracking and reporting.
- May provide technical direction to drafters, technicians, and surveyors.
- Testing and Commissioning experience is a plus.
- A minimum 20 year’s postgraduate experience in the design, site supervision of the projects with a broad general engineering background.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: aecom.jobs.