Emerson Automation Solutions takes pride in solving the toughest challenges our customers face by providing innovative solutions demonstrating our Premier resources and groundbreaking technology. The Systems and Software Group offerings include the State-of-the-Art DeltaV and Ovation Distributed Control Systems and Open Enterprise SCADA/ Control Wave RTU solutions along with an extensive portfolio of Reliability Centered Solutions.
The solutions involve many aspects of Cybersecurity. If you are excited to be a part of this best-in-class group of engineers working on solutions that solve the biggest problems, this is the opportunity for you!
The Cybersecurity team is well supported by the Global Engineering Standards Organization and the Technology to deliver “Project Certainty” to meet our customer’s demands. The team is diverse, varied and hail from several ethnic origins, and we are encouraging applications of candidates from all backgrounds for the role of Senior Engineer – Cybersecurity.
The successful candidate will be part of the Cybersecurity delivery team and lead a project sub-team focused on Virtualization, Networking and Cybersecurity solutions.
They will integrate with the team responsible for creating a positive experience for our customers by delivering solutions that exceed their expectations and help them make their systems secure.
What will be my responsibilities in this role?
- To support customers in the development of cybersecurity plans and/or programs. from the concept to deployment. (These solutions start with preparing procedures and policies aligned with customer specification, industry standards and Emerson recommendations).
- To perform vulnerability assessments on customer’s control systems, test networking monitoring solutions such as Nozomi, develop assessment reports utilizing available tools and suggest strategies. (Then be responsible for delivering these solutions).
- To implement the recommended mitigation/remediation strategies, and by selecting the required components, configure and validate that the offered solutions meet the specifications and achieve customer acceptance.
- To lead a team of networking, system, and cybersecurity engineers
- To carry out system audits, participate in demonstrating compliance to customer specifications and standards
- The successful candidate will be expected to work on Security Information and Event Monitoring solutions based on the McAfee platform
- To cultivate a positive environment in the Cyber Team for work and professional growth
- To perform base customer support activities as needed, including phone support, field service and remote diagnostics, as well as collaborate with Emerson Field Support Engineers, regional offices and specialist resources as needed to resolve issues
- To continually and proactively increase one’s technical capabilities, growing and establishing higher levels of expertise.
- To enhance the value of the Center of Excellence through innovations, group activities/tasks, developing new internal/external solutions and assisting with training (as appropriate). Provide technical support to the sales team.
What do I need to be considered for this position?
To be considered for this role, you should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Additionally, you will possess a minimum of ten years of experience in implementing network segmentation, network monitoring, security event monitoring on an OT environment
This position requires a detailed understanding of Cybersecurity on Industrial systems, Emerson Distributed Control Systems experienced required and you must have acquired a minimum of one industry-recognized certification such as ISA Cybersecurity Certifications, CISSP, GICSP, CISA CCNP.
You will also have excellent oral and written English communication skills. Any Additional language skills such as Arabic or French will also be advantageous.
It would also be preferable if you had knowledge of Cybersecurity appliances, applications, tools and techniques used in DeltaV / Ovation and in other applications and have a working knowledge, experience and certifications on McAfee security products and solutions, Microsoft System administrator certification for Windows Server and Programming experience in C++/Java/Python