About the job
About The Role
The Operations team is responsible for bringing Uber’s vision to life! They are responsible for both strategy creation and execution for our Driver and Rider focused activities. Operation is all about running our business on the ground and helping our driver partners and riders get the most out of the Uber platform.
We are looking for a strong problem-solver with a get-it-done attitude to lead our driver growth, engagement and retention initiatives across Qatar (and potentially 1-2 additional markets in the region). This person will work with others outside and inside of Uber to ensure that we are able to grow our driver base in these markets and provide them with the best possible experience.
This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to handle relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners and other 3rd parties that support our drivers (Fleets, Vehicle providers, Referral networks)
Examples of areas you will be working on are understanding driver preferences and behavior, segmenting our driver base, boosting our driver acquisition, engagement and retention efforts, tailoring our value proposition to driver needs and supporting new product launches.
What You Will Do
- Craft and implement the vision, strategy and day to day tactics for driver partner acquisition and engagement through data-centric analytics, creative campaigns, and partnership programs
- Work collaboratively with local, regional and global partners to optimize the driver experience. You’ll understand driver requirements, issues and strive to solve them. You’ll want them to get as much out of our platform to ensure their success!
- Develop and lead our top of funnel & conversion strategy for drivers across your markets, working closely with both internal and external partners
- Develop and implement driver investment strategy across supply channels
- This role will also be heavily involved in strategic projects such as new city and product launches
- Work with 3rd parties that support our driver vertical including fleet partners, vehicle providers and our Hero network (3rd party driver acquisition and support network)
- Empower your team of Key Account Managers to continually level-up their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact
- Strategically lead multiple projects while embracing the fast pace of our company
What You Will Need
- A minimum of 5 years experience preferably in operations management, management consulting, investment banking and/or start-ups
- Demonstrated sound business judgment with previous experience using data to drive business decisions.
- Outstanding project management skills
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external partners
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach.
- Experience leading a team a plus
- Experience with SQL a plus