A Tax-Free Direct Hire Job Opportunity has just been made available for an experienced Senior Drilling Engineer to be based in Qatar by a leader in the oil and gas industry.
To qualify, candidates must possess the following:
- B. Sc. Engineering Degree from an accredited and recognized university.
Knowledge, Experience, Technical / Business Skills
- Minimum of 4 years post-degree, relevant working experience (e.g. Drilling Engineering) or 6 years relevant industry experience; preference for experience in Offshore Drilling
- Well control proficiency. Commitment to safe, environmentally sound well construction. Experience with H2S well designs and safety practices.
- Awareness of emerging Drilling Industry technology and capable of assessing new technology for implementation where appropriate
- Experience in a leadership role (formal or informal)
- Well Control and Well Control Equipment
- Directional Drilling Operations including Anti-Collision Planning
- Extended Reach Drilling Planning and Operations
- Liner Hanger Design and Installation Operations
- Water-based Drilling Fluid Technology
- Wellhead and Downhole Equipment
- Cementing Operations
- Land Rig and Jack-Up Rig and Barge Operations
- H2S Operations
- Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use common PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as functional specific software (Well View, Landmark – Compass, WellCat, SAP etc.)