About the job
The Senior Director of Public Relations and Communications is a leadership role with direct accountability for Four Seasons Hotel Doha and Four Seasons Serviced Apartments. Responsible for the development and execution of an annual strategic PR, Social Media and Marketing Communications plan that supports business goals and promotes programming, experiences and offerings of the two assigned Hotels. Understand the Hotels’ marketplace, key consumer trends and competitive landscape to devise data-led PR and Marketing Communications strategies that drive competitive edge and market share gains for the assigned Hotels. Act as a subject matter expert to enable insight-led decision-making, create impactful integration, and develop messaging and storytelling opportunities within the assigned Hotels. Partner with key business stakeholders and department heads to forge alliances and establish a seamless consumer experience supported by all functions. Responsible for developing and executing a detailed restaurants and bars marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Create and implement a monthly content calendar one month in advance of deployment for hotels, SPA, Restaurants & Lounges.
- Maximize opportunities for publicity in all forms of social media, including independently monitoring Social Media channels where our business may have a presence and respond/interact accordingly; full autonomy to monitor primary channels which include but are not limited to: Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, Google my Business, TripAdvisor
- Work closely with each department at the Hotel to help provide clear social direction, ensuring all conceptual and creative ideas meet objectives, key brand strategies and timelines.
- Prepare social media statistics for use in overall monthly, quarterly, and yearly Public Relations report (Marketing Month End Scorecard);
- Work with hotel partners to keep up with social media trends;
- Create innovative digital publicity campaigns that increase awareness and positive perception of the hotel, spa, restaurants and are aligned with the hotel and communications objectives;
- Following monthly reports on all paid campaigns; analyze and communicate monthly statistics on all digital assets, including social media and landing pages;
- Update and maintain current content on Hotel’s mobile app;
- Maintain hotel’s assets of photograph and video, uploading new content as needed and removing outdated content from the Image Library and Press Room when needed;
- Keep up-to-date with digital trends and developments.
- Maintain and update Hotel website for optimum performance, search engine relevance, engagement , and traffic;
- Capture on-brand digital content (videos and photos) based on a storytelling way to support digital communications and social media objectives;
- Rally hotel employees to support with digital assets;
- Create and implement targeted marketing tools for Hotel website, such as e-newsletters and landing pages to support marketing and brand communications initiatives for local and international clients; Helping the hotel SPA and R&B effort to collect client’s data GDPR compliant through the Local Manager Local List by Four Seasons;
- Develop, implement and maintain digital marketing campaign calendar on a rolling 12-month basis.
Public Relations / Marketing
- Assist DOM to execute innovative PR and publicity programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of the hotel, services and personnel;
- Speak and write knowledgably on the hotel;
- Manage and develop strong relationships with key social media influencers;
- Draft copy and content for property specific marketing collateral including free ads, occasionally creating pieces on-site using Adobe Photoshop and In-Design;
- Update press list of relevant media contacts;
- Compile and organize monthly, quarterly and yearly press report using Cision;
- Attend all meetings (internal and external) as needed, including a mandatory Public Relations meeting with the DOM and GM.
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Possess a genuine teamwork attitude with an interest to communicate extensively with the food and beverage team and other operational departments.
- College education in Marketing Communications or Digital Marketing is preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, the primary language used in the workplace. Arabic speaker is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a high-end luxury establishment
- Ability to create clear measurable objectives
- Minimum experience, at least 5-7 years in a similar role with a Luxury Hotel company
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Keep close communication with FS regional and home offices.
- Manages the hotel’s social media and digital efforts
- Comply with Four Seasons standards for Sales and Marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and Planning Committee.
- Ensure that all hotel promotions, advertising, direct mail pieces, and collateral are in keeping with Four Seasons image and reflect the highest level of professionalism in content and presentation.
- Assist with the development of all direct sales presentation material for both travel industry and group sales.
- Proofread all marketing material, including collateral, direct mail, advertising, printed promotional pieces, guest correspondence, etc.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills