About the job
Senior Producer for Euronews Doha Bureau
Job summary :
The successful candidate will help produce two digital video series, alongside the shows’ executive producers.
The ideal candidate will have a background in journalism and production, with a proven track record in producing digital content of the highest quality. The individual will need to be an agile operator, with first class storytelling skills.
This role will need someone who can be based at our Doha office who can help build team rapport quickly in order to deliver an intense production schedule.
Experience in digital storytelling and content creation and a hands on attitude will be crucial to delivering the amount of content needed in a relatively short period of time.
Your role, as Senior Producer in Doha will be:
– Ideation: You’ll be responsible for producing weekly stories so will need to be the editorial driving force behind them. Coming up with great story ideas, booking guests, forward planning.
– Pre-Production: Work closely with the Head of Editorial and Executive Producers to research, plan, manage and script the shows.
– Post-Production: Oversee edits to ensure they deliver compelling and entertaining stories for our audiences around the world. You also need to be able to write for the web, with basic knowledge of SEO and digital formats.
– Quality Control: Work with Head of editorial and Executive Producers in Doha to put in place measures to ensure a rigorous process for quality control. From subbing scripts to overseeing edits.
– Compliance Knowledge: Be familiar with the rules governing the production of television programmes in the UK (OFCOM and France (CSA) to make sure we meet all compliance demands and produce shows in line with Euronews’ own editorial guidelines.
– Resolve issues as they arise: The ideal individual for this role will need a flexible approach to work and able to deal with issues as they arise especially when trying to balance client demands with editorial integrity.
Success in this role requires an inspirational producer and host with diverse experience in making feature content and an exceptional understanding of digital platforms.
You will be excited about being part of a team developing a fresh and exciting new format. You will be collaborative, you will be calm under pressure and able to handle overseeing the delivery of multiple projects.
A solutions-orientated outlook is vital to help solve challenges as they arise. You will need to be a superb communicator and motivator able to inspire and lift the team during times of heavy workloads and demanding schedules. A diplomatic approach to dealing with show sponsors is also important. The list above is not all-encompassing and the individual who undertakes this role will be expected to undertake a wide range of tasks when called upon by Euronews.
Pre-requisites and skills :
Excellent command of English (written and spoken), second language a plus
5+ years of experience developing and producing exciting stories with an exceptional knowledge of digital format/platforms
Excellent storytelling skills
Excellent writing and creative writing skills
Track record in producing high-quality video content
Accustomed to working within a multicultural and multilingual setting
A passionate, global football fan with knowledge of what’s trending/hot in social media
Exceptional ability in finding good international stories through social media
Able to understand Euronews processes, constraints and production deadlines
Outstanding communication skills
Reliable, independent and efficient
Attention to detail
Type of contract: one year fixed term rolling contract
Start Date: ASAP
Business Travel: Yes – Occasional