As the Senior Dealer International Treasury, you will supervise all money market activities for the Group’s international operations in a cost-effective manner in accordance with the Group’s strategy, risk appetite, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures and the delegated authority.
Other areas of responsibility and activity will include:
- Enhancing and maintaining relationships with key international entities requiring money market services.
- Monitoring/performing trading in various money market instruments such as deposits, loans, short-term securities.
- Performing activities and monitoring subordinates in compliance to the department’s policies and procedures for conducting buy/ sell deals in various currencies, maintaining/collating MIS pertaining to profitability/ revenue, and observing compliance with the applicable limits approved by the Board/ its delegated authorities.
- Ensuring compliance to set money markets limits for each international entity and recommends any changes to the Head of MM, when required.
- Following up on the timely processing of Group International MM deals in coordination with Treasury Operations.
- Providing pricing support for subsidiary departments and branches in foreign currency MM products.
- Monitoring gap positions for each subsidiary, and ensure positions are within QCB guidelines.
- Supervising and manages the production and preparation of daily rate sheets.
- Assisting the Head of MM in the provision of MM solutions to meet customers’ and the Group International hedging requirements.
- Monitoring and analyze the international markets to be able to trade profitable positions and advise direct subordinates within the delegated authority.
- Supporting in the provision of accurate reporting of P&L figures of all MM activities and revalue outstanding positions to Head of Trading on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Is involved in the structuring of MM products, as and when deemed necessary by the Head of Treasury Structured Products and Derivatives, in consultation with Head of money markets.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Economics.
- MBA, CFA, or related professional certification is a plus.
- Extensive experience in an active Money Market dealing room, preferably in the Gulf.
- In addition to the above we require a candidate who has:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferable).
- Good knowledge of a range of MM products.
- Knowledge of the international MM markets and currencies.
- An understanding of hedging techniques.
- An understanding of pertinent international and local laws, regulations and practices.
- The ability to work effectively under market pressures whilst maintaining risk control and limit compliance.