- Administers the provisions relating to payment; quantity; force majeure and notification, of the assigned Helium sales and purchase agreements as well as coordinating and monitoring implementation of all other provisions of the agreements to ensure compliance and exercise of the Company’s rights.
Job Context & Major Challenges
- manages the sales operations of over 2,700 Helium Cargoes annually on behalf of all the different producing entities at Ras Laffan Industrial City (RLIC), bringing in revenues in the order of USD 550 million per year.
- QG’s other non-commercial operations include services and logistics support to all Helium customers; as well as Helium customer’s agents.
- Role requires a very broad range of non-complimentary skills and experience, e.g. in-depth commercial operations experience, fluent contractual interpretation skills and solid business support/corporate governance knowledge.
- Often required to take immediate decisions (on short notice) and extensive reworking of implementation plans to preserve business continuity due to complexity of logistics associated in Helium business which frequently creates situations not explicitly contemplated by sales and purchase agreements.
- Requires 24/7 availability and periodic work outside of regular office hours due to global customer locations and continuous commercial operations.
- Contribute to short-term marketing activity of helium via diversion from its base SPAs which requires extensive administration support.
- High degree of accuracy and time pressures on deliverables required to avoid financial and reputational losses.
- High value, dynamic, challenging and diverse (customer and shareholder) environment
Key Job Accountabilities
- Develops, leads and/or maintains working procedures for implementation of the SPAs through structured coordination of input from the various functions and cascade of the latest procedure version.
- Establishes and/or updates annual activities tracking calendar for each SPA to enhance monitoring and compliance as well as ensure capture of optionality decision milestones; coordinates accordingly with functions and Buyers.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and issuing of contractual notices including price notification, maintenance notices, monthly delivery schedule and annual delivery program notifications.
- Develops and/or maintains controlled calculation models for SPA implementation and issues required reports: SPA quantities obligations reconciliation and tracking for term SPAs, Netback Helium pricing models as applicable.
- Prepares and/or verifies the issuing of Helium cargo invoices, cargo documentation and implements template documents for new sales in the department business system.
- Coordinates functional review of new SPAs and/or spot sales confirmation notices from all concerned Departments. Analyzes issues arising with Buyers against SPA provisions, coordinates Company functional input and recommends or proposes solution options to supervisor.
- Coordinates, prepares and documents Buyer meetings on behalf of supervisor and maintains Customer Issue log for assigned customer base.
- Identifies any potential or actual breaches of the Sales and Purchase Agreements by either the Sellers or Buyers. Provides subject matter expertise to support the negotiation and development of Helium SPA’s (or any applicable amendment) in close cooperation with shareholders.
- In liaison with other internal/external supporting functions, provides market intelligence on ongoing basis, raises recommendations, if any, to support economic-based decision making process to protect Company and shareholders value, by meeting and exercising its contractual rights under the SPA’s such as price re-determination under Long-term SPA and short-term marketing activities via diversion from base SPAs.
- Leads the discussions with Buyers to resolve complex operational and commercial issues under the SPAs and development of resolution recommendations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Sciences, Economics or Business Administration or associated degree.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 8 years general business or industry experience that includes a minimum of 6 years of hydrocarbon sales contracts administration experience preferably with marine export exposure.
- Knowledge of the Helium industry a strong advantage.