IBERDROLA is a leading multinational group in the energy sector: number one Spanish energy group, one of the Spanish main companies on the IBEX 35 by market capitalization, world leader in renewable energies, and one of the world’s top power companies.
As part of its international bet on innovation, Iberdrola has set up a world-class Technology Innovation Center at the Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP). Aiming at Defining the Digital Utility, Iberdrola Innovation Middle East (ME) works at the intersection of energy and digital technologies, focusing on three key innovation areas: smart grids, distributed renewable energy integration and energy management.
Iberdrola Innovation ME is hiring a Senior Computer Engineer to join us at the inception of cutting-edge applications of digitalization across the energy value chain. We are looking for a highly-motivated and self-driven individual with a passion for innovation and a proven track record in the conception, development and deployment of cloud/edge software solutions and in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning applications. We are looking for a highly organized individual, well versed in software development best practices and able to lead small teams of junior developers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD in computer science, electrical engineering or similar by a renowned international university. MSc would also be considered with a proven track record in applied research.
- Over 5-year experience in industry or applied research in advanced computing assignments;
- Proven experience in SW development Project Management best practices and tools (i.e. Agile / SCRUM; Jira; DevOps);
- Relevant experience in the management of SW development teams and delivery of SW projects in highly demanding environments;
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Spanish would be a strong plus.
- Previous exposure to the energy industry is not a requirement but would be a strong plus.