About the job
Lesha Bank is always in search of top talent and bright minds to contribute to the current transformation taking place at our bank. We are looking for unique individuals that are passionate and hungry to add value. Every day at Lesha is different, presenting a new challenge with the opportunity to contribute and grow. We are currently looking for a Senior Compliance Manager.
The Senior Compliance Manager is responsible for managing the AML and Legal compliance and supports the Head of Department in managing relevant internal control functions of the Bank and its subsidiaries (including SPVs). They will Propose enhancements Senior to existing AML and Legal Compliance processes, and policies and introduce new processes aiming to create a robust AML and Legal Compliance function. Lead the implementation of the initiatives and projects.
- Oversee the compliance of the Bank with local Anti-Money Laundering and Combating Financial Terrorism (AML/CFT) laws and regulations set by the applicable regulatory bodies.
- Managing the Compliance Program, in line with the Compliance Terms, to achieve conformity with laws, regulations and Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Set the “Know Your Customer” (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures for the Bank.
- Supervise and support department members in order to ensure proper execution of tasks, and provide the Bank employees with presentations and trainings to create awareness of AML/CFT compliance-related issues.
- Oversee daily management of Compliance Risk, projects, system and data management, Customer Acceptance, Sanctions and develop strategic directions for functional areas of responsibilities.
- Maintaining the necessary infrastructure, tools and methodologies in the department and managing the resources accordingly for the Bank to execute its responsibilities in the areas below:
- Compliance Risk assessment and monitoring program,
- Monitoring and investigation,
- Customer Acceptance,
- FI Due Diligence, Correspondent Bank Relations,
- Systems and Data Management, Reporting,
- Training and Development,
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business related field
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in a Compliance role
- CAMS or similar certification
- Advanced level of knowledge in organization techniques and methodologies and banking operations, with emphasis in areas under specialization.
- A proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management as well as in project management.
- Extensive experience in audit/compliance roles in various banking and financial services industries.
- Consultancy expertise in financial services compliance / regulatory background.
- Fluent in English, Arabic preferred