Project: As part of the development of an international airport, the project incorporates the expansion of existing passenger and cargo terminals.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior commercial manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long term airport development scheme.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Managing and directing a team of quantity surveyors that assist with the evaluation and negotiation of construction contractor change orders and claims.
- Setting up cost control systems.
- Advising on a procurement strategy.
- Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
- Preparing timely estimates for construction contract packages.
- Preparing tender documentation.
- Performing procurement and tendering tasks.
- Preparing supporting documentation for monthly reporting to facilitate clients in assessing project financial standing.
- Conducting regular site visits to check and record materials delivered to site, works progress achieved, change orders executed and etc.
- Reviewing the contractors’ payment applications and supplier monthly invoices and participate in the timely preparation of monthly payment requisition.
- Keeping the head informed as to any changes made in the field through coordination with engineers and supervisors.
- Conducting change order meetings to progressively settle change orders with the contractors.
- Ensuring the evaluation of change orders be determined in accordance with contract conditions.
- Assisting in settling contractual disputes and evaluating claims and extensions of time.
- Finalising the project account.
- Attending and chairing meetings/workshops as required.
- Performing any other project related duties and responsibilities as stipulated in the agreement.
- Performing other duties and taking on other responsibilities as required.
With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You must have experience in programme or project management in pre and post contract functions on large international airport projects. You will have knowledge of building construction, quantity surveying, contracts, procurement and dispute resolution.