This role will work closely with Cerner Qatar’s leadership, finance, legal and client-facing sales teams to support and advise them on commercial and contracting matters for existing and prospective clients. The candidate will be expected to review, draft, negotiate and assist with the execution of client contracts, amendments, change orders and tenders. The candidate will also advise on the interpretation and application of relevant Qatari laws and what contractual terms are customary in the market to best protect the business. After contract execution, the Senior Commercial Manager will also be responsible for tracking Cerner’s contractual commitments and supervising they are delivered to clients by Cerner and its subcontractors.
Together with the client-facing sales team, the candidate will maintain excellent relationships and levels of satisfaction with relevant clients, partners, and internal stakeholders to be monitored via net promoter (NPS) and customer satisfaction (CSAT) scores. The candidate will support the team with pipeline forecasts and identifying opportunities for client upgrades, enhancements, and white space opportunities.
Working closely with the finance and client-facing sales team, the candidate will support to collections process, including invoicing, accounts receivable, collections and aged debt. The candidate will also work with the operations team to ensure Cerner Qatar continues to comply with its operational requirements, including software escrow commitments, insurance coverage, corporate maintenance, tax liabilities and any other audit and compliance obligations.
The candidate will ensure that client needs and challenges are properly understood and prioritized within Cerner, risks are identified, and issues are escalated and resolved timeously.
The Senior Commercial Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all group and policies, processes, and procedures using their ability to read, interpret and provide clear and correct legal advice on contractual obligations, liabilities, and rights. They will have the ability to draft accurate, logical, and grammatically correct contractual provisions; and provide effective day-to-day management of contracts, including customer liaison and customer relationship management on contractual matters.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Law or Economics or 4 years relevant work experience
- Plus 4 years higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job, including;
- At least 2 years in contract administration and/or contract management work experience
Preferred Qualifications :
- At least 3 years of experience in the healthcare and/or technology industries is preferable
- At least 5 years in a similar commercial contract management role and/or law firm
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Willing to travel up to 100% as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Windows
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within the scope of the position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned