Project: As part of the development of an international airport, the project incorporates the expansion of existing passenger and cargo terminals.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior commercial manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long-term airport development scheme.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and directing a team of quantity surveyors that assist with the evaluation and negotiation of construction contractor change orders and claims.
- Setting up cost control systems.
- Advising on a procurement strategy.
- Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
- Preparing timely estimates for construction contract packages.
- Preparing tender documentation.
- Performing procurement and tendering tasks.
- Preparing supporting documentation for monthly reporting to facilitate clients in assessing project financial standing.
- Conducting regular site visits to check and record materials delivered to site, works progress achieved, change orders executed and etc.
- Reviewing the contractors’ payment applications and supplier monthly invoices and participate in the timely preparation of monthly payment requisition.
- Keeping the head informed as to any changes made in the field through coordination with engineers and supervisors.
- Conducting change order meetings to progressively settle change orders with the contractors.
- Ensuring the evaluation of change orders be determined in accordance with contract conditions.
- Assisting in settling contractual disputes and evaluating claims and extensions of time.
- Finalising the project account.
- Attending and chairing meetings/workshops as required.
- Performing any other project related duties and responsibilities as stipulated in the agreement.
- Performing other duties and taking on other responsibilities as required.
With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered.