About the job
Project: Secondment of staff and on-call professional services for the airport expansion project.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior commercial manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long-term airport development scheme.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Directing the commercial and resource management.
- Guiding the commercial and financial management functions.
- Managing the performance of all operations from a commercial and finance perspective.
- Monitoring financial performance, financial analysis (including trend analysis) and preparing project performance reports and recommendations for the executive team.
- Developing and supervising implementation of and adherence to the commercial management plan, subcontract management plant and project risk management plan.
- Monitoring, reviewing and keeping relevant parties informed on the timeliness, cost, revenue, risk, progress and performance of the project.
- Liaising with the construction team to ensure commercial processes and operations are as effective, efficient and transparent as possible.
- Overseeing the procurement and commercial structure/framework for the project.
- Developing and monitoring the subcontractor and supply agreement process.
- Evaluating business improvement opportunities and making recommendations to reduce costs, increase productivity, improve economic value added and increase earnings before interest, taxes and amortisation.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in relation to legal, financial and administration matters – the standard of internal control and policies.
- Setting direction and providing clear and timely feedback to direct reports on their performance.
- Planning, developing and supervising all project cost and commercial functions ensuring that all project reporting, cash flow, budgets and forecasts comply with the client requirements.
- Managing the procurement and commercial management of all pre and post contract stages of the project which will be awarded to local and international consultants and contractors.
- Supporting the process of resolving payment issues for vendors and third-party suppliers.
- Supporting the development of payment review, controls and sign-off procedures for all financial management activities within the business unit.
- Calling off estimating, planning, audit and cost planning activities as necessary.
- Coordinating these additional resources as required across the business unit.
- Directing and motivating a multi-cultural team and ensure all commercial objectives are delivered.
You have a bachelor’s degree and certifications related to cost or commercial management.