About the job
Project: Secondment of staff and on call professional services for the airport expansion project.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior commercial and contract manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long-term airport development scheme.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Managing project cost and commercial functions ensuring that all project reporting, cash flow, budgets and forecasts comply with the client requirements.
- Working alongside the senior management team in the development, implementation and management of the commercial procedures.
- Managing the procurement and commercial management of all pre and post contract stages of the project which will be awarded to local and international consultants and contractors.
- Directing and motivating a multi-cultural team and ensure all commercial objectives are delivered.
- Setting-up cost control systems.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
- Preparing timely estimates for construction contract packages.
- Preparing tender documentations.
- Performing procurement and tendering tasks.
- Preparing supporting documentation for monthly reporting to facilitate clients in assessing project financial standing.
- Conducting regular site visits to check and record materials delivered to site, works progress achieved, change orders executed.
- Reviewing the contractors’ payment applications and supplier monthly invoices and participate in the timely preparation of monthly payment requisition.
- Keeping the head informed as to any changes made in the field through coordination with engineers and supervisors.
- Conducting change order meetings to progressively settle change orders with the contractors.
- Ensuring evaluation of change orders be determined in accordance with contract conditions.
- Assisting in settling contractual disputes and analysing claims and extensions of time.
- Finalizing the project account.
- Attending and chairing meetings/workshops as required.
- Performing any other project-related duties and responsibilities as stipulated in the agreement.
You have a bachelor’s degree and certifications related to cost or commercial management.