DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage the civil work of the contractors including performance management, KPI assessment, budgeting, operating costs management, etc.
- Ensure the facilities effectively serve the needs of all stakeholders- residents, families , organizations, commercial establishments, master developers. etc in the city and they are provided with high level services.
- Works with the service providers to define workable civil engineering solutions as required for the maintenance /construction / rehabilitation.
- Review method statements and provides comments related to civil engineering.
- Conduct periodic inspections to determine if civil works have been done in accordance with contract specifications and the client needs.
- Review civil related manuals and documentations to ensure they are prepared in full extent and contain all the necessary provision of information.
- Review and provide inputs on planned civil maintenance activities for the managed properties to ensure that all necessary points are taken in to account and on site, equipment is well maintained.
- Provide technical advise to the facilities management in order to support them in addressing specific civil issues.
- Implement maintenance and safety procedures , service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain the assets in the prescribed conditions.
- Conduct site testing of civil related issues, and faultfinding activities to ensure the property or site is well maintained.
- Managed civil repair works done by the contractors to ensure that all assigned repair or maintenance tasks are performed optimally concerning time, quality and cost measures.
- Review plans and budgets for civil activities to validate cost/investments required.
- Provide insights for facilities managements tenders concerning the requirements and associated costs.
- Verify and advice on the PPM schedule and frequency of maintenance to balance between quality and maintenance cost.
- Managing assets takeover from different departments to the operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 10+ years of experience, and 5+ years progressive experience in a similar role.
- Must be MME/UPDA Registered
- In-depth knowledge of Qatar / GCC real estate market dynamics and regulatory environments.
- Excellent technical capabilities.
- Sound understanding in facility management and key success factors.
- Ability to liaise, influence, challenge and interact effectively with other Senior engineers and departments.
- Attention to detail, perseverance and proactive approach to work.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to coach and develop people skills.
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.