About the job
About the role
As a Senior Barista, Responsible to prepare hot and cold beverages in an applied art or design. You will be a craftsperson who makes a high quality or distinctive product with precision, usually by hand or using traditional operative equipment.
Key accountabilities include:
- Greet all customers in a swift, friendly, personalized manner and develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, favourite drinks and food items; and by anticipating their needs.
- Prepare and serve drinks as per the recipes in order to deliver highest standard as per the brand specifications.
- Engage with the customers and share knowledge about the
- Answer customer questions regarding coffee/tea/beverage blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Receive, post orders on POS and process customer payment in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required.
- Constantly develop new drinks as per menu development considering latest market trends.
- Follow food safety standard checklist by filling correct information to ensure process and procedure are followed.
- Ensure product expiration are monitored on a daily basis, in order to prevent food safety deviation.
- Ensure bar and work area is always arranged, clean and hygienic. Clean and sanitize work areas, utensils and equipment to support a smooth operation.
- Place store orders as per par stock or depending on the business demands for a smooth operation.
- Handle and report all customer complaints to manager on duty in order to respond immediately to the guest.
- Receive and stock supplies or retail products by following First in First Out to ensure all product rotate properly.
- Promote up selling at all levels and by personal efforts through guests contacts.
- Liase with staff and Manager with regard to out of stock items during service.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning of the resources.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- High school qualification
- Minimum 2-3 years in a similar barista role, preferably in a luxury brand or 5-star hotel or similar
- Strong command of English language
- Tea connoisseur with knowledge of loose tea leaf
- Coffee art, design, portfolio required
- Ability to create well balanced drinks to suit the latest market trends
- Arabic language skills are considered to be an advantage