- To evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal accounting, administrative and operating controls over various company activities and promote effective controls at a reasonable cost.
- To determine compliance with company policies and procedures.
- To Perform audit assignments including substantive tests of details and tests of controls
- Prepare all required documents needed to plan & start the audit assignment i.e. commencement memo, Audit planning documents (APD), Risk& Control Matrix (RCM), Audit Program.
- Plan an efficient and effective audit approach by defining objectives and scope, preparing audit programs to meet those objectives.
- Determine audit procedures to be used including the sampling method and the use of computer-aided audit techniques (CAAT).
- Attending & scheduling pre & post-audit meetings and preparing the minutes.
- Process understanding, field planning, fieldwork, issue drafting, draft report, closing meeting minutes and finalizing audit reports.
- Conducting detailed audit work by performing substantive tests of details & tests of controls.
- Maintaining proper working papers file (WP).
- Draw and document sound conclusions in the working paper file based on the review of internal controls and detail transaction testing.
- Determine if audit findings grant the need for investigation/special review.
- Draft audit reports, summarizing significant findings and recommendations in a clear and concise way.
- Perform walk-through in order to understand current policies, procedures and practices followed, and perform controlled GAP analysis to recommend improvements.
- Follow up with the management to ensure the full implementation of recommendations.
- Assists & provide guidance to Internal Auditors as part of an audit team or independently.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Master’s Degree and a recognized professional qualification AICPA, CIA, CISA, CMA is preferred.
- 5+ years in internal/ external audit.
- Experience working in Big 4 audit firms is preferred.
- Exposure to the Maritime & Logistics industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of oracle & ACL (Desired).
- English proficiency is must, Arabic is desirable.
To apply for this job please visit www.milaha.com.