Will assist the Internal Audit Manager to provide independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal processes and the control environment for Travelex Qatar and the wider Travelex group; assist with identifying and recommending improvements to the control environment, perform specific audit activities or in certain circumstances individual audit assignments in accordance with Board approve annual internal audit plan, and comply audit procedures when planning and performing internal audits.
- To assist the Internal Audit Manager with the preparation of the annual Internal Audit Plan for Travelex Qatar.
- Perform internal audit activities in accordance with internal audit procedures as directed by the Internal Audit Manager or Head of Internal Audit.
- Assist with the preparation of individual audit scopes for approval.
- Participate and assist with the individual planning and pre-audit work for individual assignments.
- Perform internal audits or specific areas of an audit assignment in accordance with the requirement s of the annual internal audit plan.
- Comply with internal audit work practices and ensure that documentation and tests performed comply with these objectives.
- Perform full audit activities for Travelex Qatar and other Travelex group entities as directed while under the supervision of the Internal Audit Management.
- Participate in audit exit meetings where appropriate and agree audit findings with relevant management and auditees during the performance of an audit.
- Draft internal audit recommendations to be included in audit reports for the final review by the Audit Manager or Head of Internal Audit.
- Assist with the monitoring of the implementation status of internal and external audit findings.
- Perform ad-hoc or management requested audit as required.
Role-specific experience and skills
- Degree standard education and audit/accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CMA, CIA)
- A working knowledge of internal auditing standards and audit techniques.
- Ability to work on own initiative and independently.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good prioritization and time management skills.
- Flexible to changing business needs and adaptable to varied situations.
- Confidence to recommend and communicate required actions to all levels.
- PC Literate.
- Preferably with experience with audit software such as ACL or data analytics tools.
General experience and personal qualities
- Self-aware, open-minded with a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to apply solid commercial judgment in their area of expertise.
- The ability to build and manage relationships, developing trust and credibility with customers, partners, peers, teams, internal and external stakeholders.
Performance and results focus
- A strong record of performance delivery in their area of expertise, through increased sales, cost management, performance against KPIs and good P&L management.
- The ability to analyze issues, develop solutions and influence key decisions, balancing risk with results.
- Drive customer focus in everything we do to gain and retain high-quality customers for the long-term success of Travelex.