About the job
The Senior AML/CFT Officer will assist the Deputy Head – AML/CFT Unit and Head of AML/CFT Unit in effective administration of the Bank’s Anti Money Laundering (AML), Countering Financing of Terrorism (CFT) and sanctioning activities through available systems/tools, in line with the guidelines/parameters set by the regulatory agencies and the applicable laws. The incumbent will conduct AML/CFT/ sanctions examinations/reviews of the assigned areas, for identification, monitoring and reporting of suspicious activities, and corresponding documentation. The job holder will extend support in annual due diligence exercises with Correspondent Banks/ Exchange Companies, and in imparting AML Compliance Training to Bank staff
Roles & Responsibilities
- Promptly assign the Norkom/Detica alerts generated on a daily basis to the respective branches.
- Review/analyze Norkom/Detica Alerts/Cases with active investigation of customer profile, detection scenario logic and the related transactions which have breached the threshold/Detection Scenario logic and take prompt /appropriate actions.
- Promptly identify and highlight suspicious transactions to the Deputy Head – AML/CFT Unit and Head of AML/CFT Unit for necessary action.
- Provide appropriate recommendations/comments for disposition of alerts/case on the investigation performed for an alert/case in Norkom/Detica, including but not limited to risk rating enhancement of profiles, in close coordination with the Deputy Head – AML/CFT Unit and Head of AML/CFT Unit.
- Ensure that all relevant Norkom/Detica alerts/cases for investigation are based on the ageing of the alerts and the risk (Alert Score) associated with an alert/case.
- Review the transactions pertaining to customers in all available systems, including but not limited to Norkom/Detica, ECC, Citrix, CTL and Netterm-Core Banking.
- Perform complete investigation on WLM Batch alerts generated by matching the customer base against the world check data file, in line with Norkom/Detica Process Management Policy/ Procedure, and highlight High Risk/ black listed customers for necessary action.
- Perform complete investigation on WLM Online / WLM Real time alerts related to SWIFT and E-Remittancs shared by branches/CPU and provide appropriate action/response in coordination with Deputy Head – AML/CFT Unit and Head of AML/CFT Unit.
- Perform complete investigation of alerts generated on Doha Bank account holding staff, as assigned, in line with Norkom/Detica Process Management Policy/ Procedure, and highlight any unusual transaction or incomplete response, for necessary action.
- Ensure that Source of Funds forms are in place for the transactions breaching segment limit.
- Maintain effective coordination with Business Units and ensure that all inquiries/investigations received are handled properly and responded in timely manner.
- Maintain MIS / track and follow up with the branches for timely resolution of pending exceptions/alerts/cases and highlight the same to the Deputy Head – AML/CFT Unit for review and necessary action.
- Respond to Due Diligence AML Questionnaires (Incoming) and AML Queries related to correspondent banking relationships (Nostro, Vostro, RMA etc) for timely delivery.
- Participate in annual exercise of sharing Due Diligence AML Questionnaire (Outgoing) to all correspondent relationships (Nostro, Vostro, RMA etc) in coordination with IBG and review their responses and highlight alarming observations, if any, to the Deputy Head – AML/CFT Unit.
- Participate in annual exercise of sharing Due Diligence AML Questionnaire (Outgoing) to Exchange Companies in coordination with Branches Control and review their responses and highlight alarming observations/gaps, if any, to the Deputy Head – AML/CFT Unit.
- Review responses to Doha Bank Due Diligence AML Questionnaire and relevant documents prior to establishing correspondent banking relationships (Nostro, Vostro, RMA etc) and highlight unusual observations, if any, to the Deputy Head – AML/CFT Unit.
- Promptly respond to all queries related to World –Check, Fircosoft, and AML/CFT issues raised by branches and departments
Qualification & Experience
- University graduate with a degree in Business or Banking or Finance or Economics or any other related discipline.
- 1 07-10 years of experience.
- Previous experience in Compliance/Regulatory Audit function in banking industry.
- Local experience desirable
- Knowledge of Qatar and international AML / CTF requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain policies and procedures in relation to AML / CTF
- Knowledge of CDD and EDD processes, tools and systems
- Understanding of sanctions strategies and processes
- Knowledge of AML / CTF regulations and (FATF) standards
- Professional certification such as the CPA/ CIA and/ or CRCM would be desirable