Qatar First Bank (QFB)
To support the Financial Control’s objectives through the efficient and effective processing of all approved accounting entries related to expenses, payables, receivables, prepayments & fixed assets and assisting in financial reporting and budgeting.
Budgeting and forecasting
Supports manager to prepare annual budget:
- Informs department managers of due dates for the submission of budget/business plan information;
- Acts as an advisor to department managers in formulating their budget/business plan submissions;
- Reviews proposed budget/business plan submissions from department managers for accuracy and completeness before manager;
- Creates a consolidated budget version for management approval;
- Uploads approved budgets to the system; and
- Updates budgets/business plan whenever required by the senior management.
- Prepares monthly management reports;
- Prepares KPI reports for departments;
- Prepares forecast reports;
- Prepares compliance reports;
- Prepares ALCO cash flows and other reports required by management; and
- By coordinating with other departments, prepares a reporting pack for the Board of Directors
Prepare the needed tax supporting schedules for QFB and SPVs; and
Co-operate with tax consultants.
Financial statements and audits of the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Prepares consolidated financial statements (annual, semi-annual and quarterly) of the Bank; and
- Assists external auditors for their audit and review engagements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual QFCRA reports;
- Prepare the monthly QCB – BOP report; and
- Other ad hoc reports
- Prepares revenue recognition entries (mainly private banking, alternative investments, the share of profits and dividends) by compiling and analyzing account information received from various departments;
- Verify the staff reimbursements, petty cash and corporate credit card expenses; and
- Maintain and reconcile schedules of various prepayments and accruals and ensure the recording of the necessary month-end entries.
- Processes & guide admin for booking of all fixed assets related entries into the respective modules.
- Verify all invoices prior to preparing payment requests. Ensure that the entries are accurately recorded in the system; and
- Review invoice related entries and internal documents prepared before Head of Finance review
- Maintains the chart of accounts in the Bank system as per the direct manager instructions;
- Participates in the testing of a new system/product module implemented by IT.
- Ensures cost-saving measures are incorporated in all activities of the department
- Ensure that the files are properly archived on a regular basis.
- Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues, supervisors and external agencies;
- Supervise and guide junior staff; and
- Be open to constructive feedback.
- Attends to all required training and meetings
- Undertakes additional duties, which may be reasonably expected and forms part of the function of the job
Financial Control Staff
All other departments
Key Performance Indicators
Policies and procedures:
Comply with all applicable policies and procedures
Operational and financial
Minimal errors in entries passed into the system;
Minimal errors in the proof sheets and supporting documents;
Processing the entries within an acceptable time frame;
Preparation of financial statements and management reports accurately and timely;
D. EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Minimum Entry Qualifications
- Min 5 years of accounting experience in large organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA and other Accounting certifications
- Experience working with the Big4
- Experience working with regulators
- Experience working with financial institutions
- English is a must
- Residing in Qatar with transferable visa
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of MS office
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP and T24
- Good knowledge of regulatory reporting