The purpose of this role is to ensure the integrity of accounting information by researching account issues for compliance and by establishing quality control over financial transactions and prepare monthly financial reports as per IFRS.
Key Result Areas:
- Preparation of accurate reports that show the organization’s financial position and which will help them to take the proper business decisions.
- The commitment of business units to the approved budget.
- Prepare bank account reconciliation.
- Prepare Corporate credit card account reconciliation.
- Managing the Restricted Fund Accounts.
- Prepare Monthly Restricted Funds reconciliation reports.
- Record and post GL entries at the ERP system.
- Create/ deactivate/ amend the GL account code and notify all the related parties.
- Post-closing entries at the ERP system.
- Review the monthly reconciliation reports that is prepared by the accountant.
- Run the period-end closing (hard closing) at the ERP system in coordination with IT Department.
- Post-AP invoices in the system.
- Post AR invoices in the system.
- Review the fund request against the budget.
- Post the budget reallocation requests in the system.
- Generate monthly actual vs budget report from the system.
- Prepare Financial reports.
- Implement the monthly closing procedures and record the related entries..
- Assist the Finance Team in preparing of the annual budget.
- Any other tasks that will be assigned by the direct supervisor.
This role requires logical thinking and the ability to analyze information, evaluate and assimilate critical information when reaching conclusions; to make recommendations for the Finance Management Team.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance.
- 3 to 8 years in a progressive accounting field.
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent in English & Arabic.
- Ability to work independently with multi-tasking.
- Strong capabilities in MS Office.
- Knowledge in computerized accounting systems and ERP systems.
- Energetic, creative and self –motivated person.
- Team player enabling effective interaction & motivation of other team members, including peers.