About the job
The incumbent will be charged with the overall responsibility of supervising and managing Doha Bank’s IT Applications function. The Section Head IT Applications will assist the Department Head IT in running the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology function of the Bank and oversees all activities relating to the installation, maintenance, and enhancement of IT systems of the Bank. The incumbent will be responsible for automation of work process to support Operations and business team, and software development for providing efficient customer service.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Department Head IT and contribute towards the implementation of strategy, annual business plans, policies and procedures of the department, to support divisional and organizational business strategy.
- Develops IT manual of policies & procedures for day-to-day running of the Department.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the Department and ensures efficient and trouble-free services to users.
- Ensure that the function’s plans are within agreed timescales.
- Work with Enterprise Architects in defining the overall structure of development framework.
- Review and monitor the design of all applications being implemented in the Bank.
- Support in implementing run / change / transform activities for application as part of Bank’s initiatives.
- Ensure that all the components of the applications are up to date and are supported versions across the full stack – hardware, OS, environmental software and application.
- Conduct regular failover / failback drills to ensure resilience and progressively identify and eliminate single points of failure that impact the application’s availability
- Ensure that confidentiality, integrity and availability of the applications is as per agreed standards
- Work towards identifying and addressing root causes of the incidents impacting application’s performance / availability
- Work towards obtaining satisfactory audit reports from various audits that are conducted by internal / external agencies
- Assist Department Head IT and the Chief Operating Officer in strategic planning for different applications for the Bank.
- Provide guidance to Doha Bank, in coordination with the Department Head IT, through the business, information, process, and technology changes necessary to execute set strategies.
- Perform the analysis of business structure and processes and draw conclusions from the information collected to address the goals of Doha Bank relating various IT Applications.
- Prepare and submit reports to Department Head IT with respect to activities performed by IT App team leads.
- Oversee all changes to the IT Applications policies and procedures, as and when needed.
- Ensure that the Enterprise Architecture within Doha Bank are operating effectively and efficiently toward achieving high operating standards.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or in Computer Science, Information Systems, or any other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in Management any other related discipline from a recognized university.
- 15-18 years of total experience in financial services/banking industry, entailing responsibilities pertaining to the specific area of discipline.
- Prior experience in leadership position entailing responsibilities of supporting business applications.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and delivering development projects and in defining and optimizing business processes.
- Significant experience in effective designing and development of sophisticated software products/applications positioned in a banking environment.