About the job
About The Role
This is an exciting time to be part of GEMS Wellington School – Qatar (WSQ). Due to the continued growth, success and ambitious nature of the school we are delighted to be looking for dynamic, hard-working and talented individuals to join our aspirational extended Leadership Team as a Senior Teacher (Teaching and Learning) for Secondary School.
WSQ is one of the leading British curriculum schools in Qatar and part of the Premium GEMS Wellington brand. We firmly believe, as a true inclusive school, that every child can achieve, reinforced by our commitment to the High Performance Learning philosophy (HPL). As a community, we have very high expectations for all with a clear emphasis on personal values, proactive attitudes and positive behaviours. We believe in excellence in all we do.
The Senior Teachers will support the Principal/CEO and leadership team by contributing to, and implementing the educational strategy of the school through inclusive leadership and the development of outstanding teaching and learning practice. They will report directly to the Head of School and will be integral to the school’s aim to be a World Class HPL school by 2024.
For a full overview of the roles and responsibilities please see below.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a vocational and inspirational educator who supports an inclusive learning environment, with the ability to raise standards for all students
- Have had successful experiences of leading and managing staff resulting in improved learning and student outcomes
- Be knowledgeable and confident of the recent developments relating to teaching and learning
- Be fully committed to the High Performance Learning philosophy and the notion that every student can achieve
- Have extremely high standards and expectations for all, with excellence as the primary goal
- Be someone who is visible within the school community, with presence and exuding gravitas both in their appearance and actions
- Believe strongly in and fully support the wider extra-curricular life of the school to develop fully rounded students
- Be a team player and have the ability to maintain a sense of perspective and humour.