About the job
The Hamilton International School (THIS) is one of Doha’s premier schools and opened in 2019, with the Secondary School opening in 2020. We offer a unique opportunity for an English teacher to join our team in August 2022. Our world-class facilities and International curriculum will attract the very best teachers, as we aim to provide amazing learning opportunities for our students.
The school offers an environment which is positive, caring, friendly and learner focused. We are building a team who are committed, enthusiastic and collaborative. We aspire to recruit Secondary Teachers who not only support students, but support each other. We want you to thoroughly enjoy coming to school and making a difference to the lives of others.
The Hamilton International School embraces the individuality of every learner. We place teaching and learning at the very core of what we do. We support student learning through a robust, child-focused curriculum and enriching extra-curricular programs, set amongst world class facilities that offer the very best in classrooms, sports and performing arts facilities.
In Secondary, we offer a high quality, bespoke, International Curriculum which maps to both the UK National Curriculum and US Common Core Standards. In Grades 9 and 10, our students study for the High School Diploma and will have the option to move to the IB Diploma in Grade 11 as the school grows.
About the role
Due to the significant growth in our student numbers across the school, we are looking for a Secondary School English teacher to join our amazing team, who:
- Has experience in teaching either the British National Curriculum or the US Curriculum in an International setting
- Is passionate about teaching and learning with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Will be committed to the vision of igniting passion, purpose and potential in our students
- Can contribute to the development of the English Department offering creative opportunities to enrich the learning experience of students at THIS
- Adapts the curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress
- Assesses and records student development, while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement
- Has excellent communication skills with students, colleagues, parents, and school leaders
- Maintains high levels of behaviour among students, while promoting safety and compliance with school rules and guidelines
- Is passionate about learning beyond the curriculum
What our school offers
When you join THIS, you also join ISP (International Schools Partnership), a group of 50+ schools located across the world. We offer you the opportunity to join our determined and energetic team as we embark on a unique educational journey to become the premium school of choice in Doha.
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fully subsidized accommodation
- Annual flights to your home country