About the job
Newton International Academy (NIA), Barwa City, an “Outstanding” accredited International School is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and committed Secondary English Teacher to join our successful team.
NIA is part of The Newton Group, founded in 2006, which is the largest network of schools in Qatar. Our international schools deliver the British National Curriculum across all age groups. We are staffed by British and English speaking teachers who provide a caring educational environment for our local and expatriate students who come from a wide range of backgrounds.
Whilst we develop our students holistically through a variety of ECA’s ranging from Duke of Edinburgh Award to MUN, our main focus is on Academics. Our IGCSE and A Level A-C and 9-4 reach 90% and over. Our A*-A and 9-8 is currently over 50%.
We are seeking creative and dynamic teachers of the highest quality to join our successful team. Applicants should possess a commitment to helping children achieve high academic standards in a lively and engaging manner, whilst integrating differentiation and a range of learning styles into their daily practice.
- Be qualified teachers of English, ideally with 2 years of experience teaching the National Curriculum of England, although NQT’s are encouraged to apply.
- Possess a creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom.
- Present excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills in order to work collaboratively with staff, students and parents.
- Have studied English/English Literature full time and produce degree transcripts from the university they attended.
- Have experience teaching KS3-5 English.
- Be fully vaccinated and submit a COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
If you meet the above criteria and you are a positive, energetic and dedicated practitioner as well as an excellent communicator who is resilient and tenacious in all aspects of your teaching practice, we would like to hear from you.
Kindly attach your CV which must include: your contact details, a recent professional photograph, and the email addresses of two professional referees.
A letter of application / personal statement explaining your suitability for the position you have applied for should be included.
Only applications that include all of the above details will be considered.
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including:
- A competitive tax-free salary
- A 2-year renewable contract
- Furnished accommodation with paid utilities
- Daily transport to and from school
- A merit-based incentive scheme
- Medical insurance
- Visa costs
- Baggage allowance
- Annual flight allowance
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org