About the job
Al Jazeera Documentary Channel – Arabic
You will be responsible to check all original and translated scripts and content for proper usage of terms into Arabic. You will ensure the proper grammar rules are applied on all content output of the Documentary channel.
- To localize, edit and review Al Jazeera Documentary film scripts translated into Arabic
- To check translation accuracy of the scripts being used for acquired and internally produced programs and films
- To ensure the correct usage of the Arabic language in all scripts being sent to dubbing companies and producers
- Respecting and implementing the editorial line of the network in the usage and on all scripts used
- Communicating with dubbing companies and other active players in localization process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in translation studies, linguistics, Arabic Studies, English language or related field
- Previous work experience in media with script editing experience ideally on a continuing TV or documentary series.
- Previous experience in translation from English into Arabic.
- Experience writing Arabic copy, or translating into Arabic (essential)
- Fluency in English and Arabic, and preferably other languages (essential)
- Demonstrable attention to detail, especially in relation to written copy (essential)
- Knowledge of documentaries, discussions or magazine shows