We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
You will be Thales Sales Specialist for service activity on Civil and Defense Area, based in QATAR. Your mission will be to develop and grow the Service Business in Qatar on Thales installed base by your Customer-oriented skills on Sales and Bids and good skills and proven experience in service activity (Maintenance, Support, Repair, Consulting but also Managed Services) to translate Thales capabilities in an innovative and creative solution to the customers. Customer-oriented, these key skills will lead us to build sustainable and high customer satisfaction and grow our service Business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- In full coordination with the respective Key Account Managers who are managing the overall customer relationship, understanding the customer’s requirements: what does your customer need and how can we support the customer;
- Ensuring Thales technical and commercial offerings align with customers’ business and operational needs
- Delivering order quotations for the current year and grow our pipeline for future years’ growth
- Using the Thales sales tool (GCRM) to track and manage opportunities
- Delivering customer satisfaction
- Working collaboratively with bid managers, portfolio managers and product teams to build value-creating offerings for customers
- Ensuring different domains (Business Lines, Global Business Units and ME region) work together effectively to introduce complementary and value-adding solutions to our customers and to maximize overall order intake, revenue and profit for Thales
Work Experience Requirements
- 7-9 years Pre-Sales, Post Sales on Professional Customer Services.
- Has the sensitivity to understand and define the key customer requirements;
- Is able to match and translate these into a unique Thales value proposition;
- Has demonstrably commercial skills and technical knowledge to explain solutions to the customer;
- Is a team player and is able to localize and mobilize the expertise and workforce needed;
- Drive through the technical and commercial response and improve sales success rates;
- Perform bid management, communication and sales support functions;
- Work with the technical leads to translate technical specifications into winning bid material.
- Is able to create a complete overview the work to be done;
- Communicates clearly and open on all levels;
- Is able to work in a quickly changing environment;
- Has an affinity with electronic technology;
- Is familiar with middle east customers, preferably including Qatar;
- Experience in the Defense Industry is a plus.
- Sales and Bids activity
- Service activity in the technological area (Products and Systems)
- Service Engineering and Service Delivery
- Maintenance, Repair, Supply chain, training
Qualification, Certification & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Service or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Customer & business-oriented
- Professionalism, Rigor, Reactivity and Availability will be required on a day to day basis
- Good Intercultural relationship
- Autonomy and Ability to organize service demonstration
- Good pedagogy
- Excellent communication skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Team player
- Innovation and vision
- Leadership skills
- Commercial awareness and numeracy to analyze reports and understand margins
- Timeliness, focus, clarity
- Demonstrate customer focus
- Ambitious and accountable
- Shape solutions out of complexity
- Perform thorough co-operation
- Influence key stakeholders
French and/or Arabic preferable