About the job
About The Role
To establish rapport and credibility so as to be able to assist customers in purchasing the company’s product range whilst at the same time maintaining the company’s standard in terms of merchandising and stock availability so as to reach sales target as set out by the company.
- Promote the sales of products by spotting and seizing sales opportunities, offering alternatives solutions to problems and suggesting add on sales in order to achieve the established sales target.
- Suggest means of sale improvement to his supervisor as well as determining “slow moving” or “non-selling” items and suggesting sales action.
- Maintain a fully display of products via merchandising methods as laid down by the company.
- Remain aware of developments in the local market by being attentive, to information given by customers, to advertising and promotions in the media and also by making scheduled market visits so as to be able to maintain the company’s competitive advantage and to properly advise customers.
- Keep an update on changes in the company’s products range such as new items or changes in existing items as well as informing the Sales Manager of any customer’s problems/comments on the product range or gaps in the range.
- Conduct a daily detailed inspection of his assigned area so as to review the availability and positioning of price labels, product information tags and other communication media.
- Review daily stock level on all products in his assigned area and recommends orders to the Shopkeeper.
- Coordinates with Procurement Executive for information pertaining to stocks in his assigned area.
- Meet the needs of customers by being understanding and sensitive to diverse customers, by initiating and developing effective working relationships with the customer and by establishing trust and confidence with the customers.
- Determine the customers’ requirements and assist them in their orders
- Maintain contact and advising customers on news or recently received items of customer’s interest or which have been reserved as well as following up on quotations sent in an effort to convert to actual sales.
Provide the highest level of Customer Service.
To be successfully considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in similar role (Preferable form Home and Decor)
- High school
- Experience in a multichannel retail environment
- Proactive and flexible
- Sales Driven
- Customer focussed
- Able to handle Complexity
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent English Communication skill.
- Good Analytical skills & Interpersonal skills