About the job
Doha Marketing Services Company W.L.L. (DOMASCO), an overseas joint venture of the reputable UAE-based Al Futtaim Group, has been operating business in Qatar for 15 years and has sole distribution rights for Honda, Volvo cars and trucks, reputed brands of watches and electronics such as Raymond Weil, Casio and Sanyo as well as Yanmar marine engines in the country.
We are currently looking to recruit experienced Sales Merchandiser for our Electronics Division.
The primary focus of the role will be to effectively perform at hypermarket outlets in terms of sales, merchandise display, stocks, cleanliness and also ensure sound customer care and service in order to help achieve the sales target set for the hypermarket outlets.
The main duties within the role include the following:
- To achieve the monthly sales targets
- To ensure the stocks are properly replenished from the stores to avoid loss of sale
- To effectively merchandise the products to enhance brand image
- To ensure security of stock at the location
- To ensure sound customer care and service
- To report on any Quality problem to the service center and Sales Manager
- To coordinate delivery to customers place with the concerned staff
- To closely monitor competitor activities and keep informed of the latest products to effectively meet competition
- Effectively determine the customer needs and assist the customer on queries, objections and ensure product selection and close of sale
- To maintain all documents / records of the location as required by the company systems and procedures-LPOs, invoices, delivery notes, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Essential to have at least 2-3 years experience in a similar sales position with an exposure to retail operations of consumer products
- Possess retail and merchandising skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Must have good command of the English language and Arabic is preferable
- Familiarity with computer use
- Good presentation and excellent personal organization
- Flexibility and punctuality
- Self-motivated, reliable and confident
- Identify customer needs
- Degree education preferred but not essential
- Working knowledge of MS Office products