About the job
The Sales Manager will be responsible for the sales activities of the company and carry out direct sales strategies to major projects of the company. Candidate should be skilled at building and maintaining relationships with clients to provide exceptional customer service to clients.
Your responsibilities will be [to]:
- Actively promote and sell exhibition space and sponsorship.
- Conduct a telephone and face-to-face sales campaign to existing exhibitors and new prospects.
- Achieve and exceed set revenue targets for the assigned products and events in accordance with the sales plan.
- Developing a business strategy to achieve maximum revenue through booth sales or sponsorship sales.
- Developing new business from non-sqm revenue sources i.e., sponsorship.
- Data capture of sales activities/calls and updating the database.
- Completion of sales progress reporting (e.g., revenue vs target, activity reporting, etc.).
- Monitor the debt reports and assist the finance team with revenue collection.
- Provide the marketing team with market intelligence to assist with campaigns.
- Continually monitor and research the market using online resources, gaining customer feedback, attending competitor events where appropriate, and industry networking.
- Awareness and understanding of floor plan optimization.
- Effective communication with other internal departments including operations, marketing, finance to maximize client experience.
- Liaise with Associations and Trade Bodies.
- Agencies – sell in and maintain relationships.
- Industry Associations – maintain status as a key industry figure and work on special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of GCC experience in the exhibition and events industry.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in managing databases and Microsoft Office.
- With valid Qatar Driver’s License.