Your day to day
As a Sales Manager, you will manage sales activities and events in line with the annual sales and marketing plan and achieve/exceed budget and sales strategy for your hotel.
- Assist in the sales plan and implement tactics to achieve budget.
- Monitors competitors’ activities and assists in marketing intelligence.
- Refers sales leads to appropriate personnel within the InterContinental Hotels Group.
- Sells to new, existing, and prospective customers considering goals set forth in the sales strategy, negotiating an optimum rate for the benefit of the business.
- Services existing business through management of account bases.
- Sell all facets of the hotel.
- Manage the corporate head office and the preferred hotel history for that company.
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls, meeting with principals of the target market.
- Provides direction on, and conducts market research and analysis.
- Develops and maintains contact with business generators, meeting, and convention planners, visitors/convention bureau, travel agents, tour operators, airlines, corporate accounts, Government.
- Departments and other producers closely allied to Hotel business
- Builds profile within the local marketplace through attendance at various events and local marketplace.
- Conduct client interviews.
- Entertain clients.
- Plan and conduct familiarization tours and site inspections.
- Travel when required to promote the hotel and develop potential business.
- Maintain regular contact with the IHG hotels in your region and the regional reservation office.
- Monitors existing business and inputs into sales strategy meetings to maximize business. Grows existing business and establishes and pursues leads that will develop business.
- Interfaces with operations on a timely basis.
- Initiates and prepares tenders for business.
- Assesses sales and marketing data.
- Assists with the preparation of new products and services.
- Assists in the evaluation of sales and marketing activities.
- Analyses sales mix and likely impact on hotel goals.
- Implement direction from Director of Sales and Marketing and Regional Managers.
- Liaison with an advertising agency.
- Stock control of collateral.
- Collateral input.
- Execute advertising/creative briefs in a timely manner.
- Works with superior manpower planning and management needs.
- Works with superiors in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business, including room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective clients.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by DOSM / ADOS
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Sales & Marketing, Hotel Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This job requires an ability to perform the following:
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees, and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Good writing skills
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees, and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- May require a valid Driver’s License.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits.