Jobs in Qatar
A leading organization in Qatar with divisions across various sectors including business services, investment, lifestyle, luxury, real estate, and retail is seeking to hire Sales Manager – CPD/Makeup/FMCG.
To manage the Consumer Goods Department by leading category range and brand reviews, making strategic buying decisions, and developing business plans and expansion strategies to enhance sales and profit growth.
- Work closely with the Head to formulate the wholesale strategy in alignment with the overall strategic objectives of the company.
- Develop the departmental goals, budgets and KPIs in line with the overall divisional objectives.
- Develop departmental policies and ensure processes and procedures are in place to deliver on these policies.
- Develop appropriate controls to monitor adherence to departmental policies and procedures and effectively address variances as applicable.
- Monitor and control expenditure against the approved budget and reconcile budget variances to ensure on-target performance against budgets.
- Provide commercial direction to the consumer managers to achieve short and medium-term objectives.
- Assume complete responsibility for the profit and loss of the Consumer Goods Department.
- Drive sales and profitability of the consumer goods business of the company.
- Develop new clients and customers and maintain and grow existing relationships.
- Lead the consumer goods team in developing relationships with principal suppliers.
- Lead key account management initiatives to onboard new accounts and drive more business from the existing accounts.
- Manage inventory on a regular basis to set targets. Ensure that all purchased inventory has an exit plan to be cleared from the business by taking necessary price action or returning to suppliers.
- Identify new consumer brands of interest to the management that would compete effectively in Qatar.
- Identify new market trends and ensure that the Consumer Goods Department is in a favorable position to meet the changing market demands.
- Negotiate terms of the contract with suppliers at the end of the contractual term.
- Liaise with various principal suppliers and arrange training seminars and workshops whenever needed to ensure appropriate knowledge of products.
- Lead the analysis of consumer buying patterns and predict future buying trends.
- Ensure strong retail marketing programs are communicated and executed appropriately by various wholesale customers in line with the various brand guidelines.
- Ensure skills, competencies and knowledge existing in the department meets the business requirements.
- Perform any other duty, within a reasonable professional boundary, as assigned by the Head from time to time.
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, inventory management or equivalent
- Master’s degree in business management preferred.
- 10-12 years’ experience in retail required, with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in managing a portfolio of FMCG / consumer goods brands preferably in the GCC
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: gmail.com.