Centara Hotels & Resorts
Centara West Bay Hotel & Residences Doha part of Centara Hotels & Resorts, a group whose traditions go back over 30 years, continues to grow and expand in new and exciting destinations, which include China, Cuba, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Oman, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam and Thailand. All Centara Hotels and Resorts welcome you with warm and gracious hospitality inspired and drawn from Thailand’s rich culture and heritage.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales & Marketing and adhering to policies and procedures as provided by the company, Sales Manager oversees and directs all aspects of sales activities, consistently achieving goals and objectives.
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets in segmentation and expand customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Implements all sales action plans relating to the area of responsibility.
- Plans sales call activities under direct approval of Assistant Director of Sales & Marketing to major marketing areas.
- Provides information on changing market conditions, including trends in the competitive market. Arranges and accompanies the client’s onsite inspection tours.
- Aims to achieve sales objectives and goals to generate maximum high yield in accordance with the specific sales action plan.
- Develops sales coverage of the Corporate Segment, Government and Embassies.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Distributes promotions to targeted accounts.
- Puts into practice all training received related to job knowledge and skills and the culture of the company.
- Keeps up with what competitors are doing in the marketplace, ensuring the hotel’s competitiveness at all times.
- Maintains a strong working relationship and makes use of Sales Executives’ expertise to maximize the sales force and sales coverage in the area of the market.
- Tracks the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives.
- Handles complaints from customers.
- Trains and guides sales colleagues to focus on strategies as per company standards.
- Treats every customer as they were a VIP, gives every customer the same excellent treatment & keeps measuring customer satisfaction and monitors guest’s feedback on social media.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked such as preparing proposals, writing contract, customer correspondence.
- Support hotel service and relationship strategy drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Develops strong relationships with the property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Strives to achieve the hotel GSS (Guest Satisfaction Survey) goal.
- Proven experience in meeting/exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a Sales Manager/Assistant
- Proven ability to drive the sales process
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor Degree in a related field
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar position preferably in the hospitality business
- Strong in inter-personality and leadership skills
- Proficiency in English and computer literate
- Good health, mature and pleasant personality and neat appearance
- Able to cope with the pressure
- Locally available candidates only, due to visa restrictions