Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
1. Overall Duties:
- To acquire, develop and manage local corporate business and government accounts according to the set business mix strategy
- Ensures maximum acceptance in RFPs
- To acquire, develop and manage business travel agent accounts (BTA) according to the set business mix strategy
- To constantly monitor the market and the competition and report on threats and opportunities
- To provide accurate and timely reporting on segment and account production and propose tactics and strategies to improve revenue or avoid shortfall
- Implements and executes all sales objectives and action plans to reach and exceed targets set
- Quotes and negotiates prices with customers for transient, long stay and group business with established parameters
- Establishes and maintains files of major accounts and ensures maintenance of the accounts in the management system
- Understands the overall market, including competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand and knows how to sell against them
- Ensures that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes upselling opportunities whenever possible
- Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment within Sales and Banqueting with proven records of closing sales
- Previous experience in the GCC an advantage
- Experience in representing hotel at trade shows and sales missions
- Mature and outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills for both external and internal customers
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Fluent in both English and Arabic preferred.
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.mandarinoriental.com.