About the job
A Sales Executive secures leads, analyses local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
As Sales Executive, you will contribute towards the Hotel’s commercial goals; analyzing market trends and competition, to execute strategies that support the hotel to lead the marketplace.
- Work within current business strategies, recognising potential opportunities and contributing towards the total Hotel’s business goals
- Develop customer accounts and travel within the local area to drive business into the specific hotel/cluster and to increase market/customer share in all revenue streams
- Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients
- Analysis local market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads
- Develop and implement creative local marketing channels, including social media channels
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs
- Attend Sales events, as required
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Sales Director and senior management to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads
- Answer customer queries in a prompt and professional manner
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Sales Executive serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Experience in a sales role with a proven track record to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Working knowledge of the local market
- Previous experience in a luxury hotel