Wyndham is now seeking a Sales Executive – Events – Wyndham Doha West Bay to join our team at Wyndham Doha West Bay in Doha, N/A.
The Sales Executive – Events will be responsible for managing a day meeting, meeting territory and meet and achieve yearly revenue goals by developing accounts and business opportunities.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Long hours are sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Plans and coordinates details for meetings
- Complete accurate BEO’s, upselling food, beverage, room rental, recreation, special amenities and technology
- Communicate all changes on Event Orders to other departments
- Actively prospects and solicits new contacts and business opportunities for meetings
- Acts as on-site contact for meeting and meeting groups and larger groups as needed
- Produces tickets for master billing including contract services, room rental and guests
- Complete weekly backlog reports and other departmental reports as designated
- Attends weekly resume meeting, training programs and other meeting as designated
- Provides feedback to Director of Conference and Events relating to guest comments, observations, industry news
- Follow up with client contact at the end of each meeting to ensure satisfaction and obtain feedback
- Assists with and completes special projects and assignments as designated by the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Produces invoices for clients
- Other duties as assigned