About the job
Gulf Marketing Group is one of the Middle East’s leading, family owned companies. Operating across the GCC, Gulf Marketing Group is a dynamic group boasting a diverse portfolio of retail outlets, brands and consumer and B2B services across key sectors such as healthcare and pharmaceuticals, sports and fitness, real estate, education and technology.
About The Role
Sales Assistant at GMG will be responsible for products and services to customers with the aim of maximizing sales opportunities and providing exceptional service.
- Describes product features and benefits; demonstrates the use and handling of the product
- Educates clients on brands quality standards and specifications
- Advises customers on product ranges best suited to their needs; Answers customers’ queries to help them make a decision on the purchase
- Provides information to customers on warranties, features, specifications, maintenance and care of products.
- Ensures customers’ needs are met, complaints are resolved (or escalated) and customer service provided is of exceptional standard
- Maintains awareness of new product launches, promotional events and sales
- Achieves sales targets by using sales techniques, up-selling and cross selling
- Ensures promotions and pricing are accurate and in line with company standards and policies
- Computes sale prices and discounts as applicable; Maintains sales records
- Receives and processes cash, changes and credit payments and generates invoices and receipts
- Operates as a cashier and be consistently accurate in money handling (in case applicable)
- Follows the store’s after sales processes and ensures full adherence to repair/return policies and procedures
- Adheres to loss prevention, inventory controls and standard operating procedures of the company
- Provides assistance in store merchandising in product placement and arrangement
- Ensures the highest standards of housekeeping standards and grooming etiquettes are maintained in store at all times
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth