About the job
To deliver a clean, tidy, shoppable store that allows customers to have a complete shopping experience, to drive sales to meet targets by using selling techniques and product knowledge.
- To provide a high level of customer service at all times both internal and external, by being aware of the product categories and being able to assist and advise customers in a professional manner
- As and when required, to operate the point of sales system. To be aware of the procedures required for cash operation and to maintain a high level of accuracy in all transactions.
- To actively learn the product uses and pluses of the range of goods, to be able to advise customers on the right product to meet their requirements and ensure increased revenue through add on sales
- To assist with the receiving and display of goods in accordance with the approved procedures when required to ensure products are available for customer purchase.
- To comply with instore procedure with regard to pricing and ticketing to ensure that customers are aware of product prices and to protect the company against any loss related to incorrect pricing
- After adequate training to apply the Merchandising Principles at all times ensuring a corporate imagine is achieved and that we have the best possible looking stores in its product category. To be responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy store by initiating a cleaning programme for your assigned dept.
- where required to assist in other events such as stock take, new store openings, product and seasonal launches, etc
Completion of Secondary school
At least 2 years in a retail environment