We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking safety manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar. Working in a client-facing role on some of the most complex and challenging projects or programmes being delivered anywhere in the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE management system to be compliant with OHSAS 18001/2007 and ISO 14001/ 2004 Standards, including corrective and preventive measures.
- Conducting pre-operational risk assessments on the contract scope of work including every activity within the project and design risk mitigation measures.
- Providing HSE improvement proposals stating: the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation.
- Investigating the root cause HSE complaints put forward by staff members, customers, the clients and other contractors and report the result to the safety manager.
- Assisting with the implementation of job safety analysis and inspect job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations.
- Ensuring regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency
- Maintaining records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements.
- Preparing written weekly and monthly HSE reports, statistics and presentations related to HSE performance.
- With a relevant degree qualification and internationally recognised certification in health and safety, you will take personal development seriously.
- You are digitally savvy and can provide detailed audit reports, with relevant required preventive and corrective measures.
- You can build lasting client relationships, have local consultancy experience and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer
- Rewards and recognition At Mace, we empower our people to be collaborative, curious and embrace their entrepreneurial spirits
- Regardless of years’ experience, it’s a place to grow and thrive. We offer competitive packages along with a host of learning and development opportunities to help your career stay on track
- With, Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues and influential clients and get to see the world. “Mace is an equal opportunity employer
- We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world-class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa. Four simple values guide our behavior in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first – going home safe and well, Client focus – deliver on our promise, Create opportunity – for our people to excel, Integrity – always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world. We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace, you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: www.macegroup.com.