Our newest opportunity is for a talented Safety Inspector to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar. This position is responsible for providing Health and Safety advice and information to KEO staff and contractors to raise the safety standards and ensure compliance on site.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Monitoring and enforcing standards of safety in compliance with KEO’s Health and Safety Management System and Client requirements.
- Reviewing and inspecting work areas determining potential occurrence of safety hazards.
- Observing and ensuring staff on site always; wear personal protective equipment, use hard hats and protective footwear, operate construction equipment in a safe manner and follow KEO’s safety policies.
- Conducting daily inspections of the projects to ensure compliance and where applicable make recommendations for change.
- In case of emergency, determining and investigating the cause of the accident, establishing a report and provide recommendation(s) to prevent future occurrences.
- Developing and implementing safety policies needed to reduce accident-related costs.
- Regulating set policies soliciting input from managers and workers.
- Providing training to KEO staff on safety as per OSHA requirements.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a minimum of 10 years work experience partnered with a Bachelor Degree in Safety / Engineering / Environmental.
Experience in construction preferably in drainage systems projects is essential.
Applicants must hold a valid certificate in First Aid/Hazard Assessment (Entry to confined spaces/scaffolding) and membership to a known Safety Association i.e. NEBOSH is essential.